(2 Thessalonians 2:9-10: The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.)
The word CARNAL means something fleshly or worldly. By IMPRESSIONS in this lesson, we mean something that can strongly and religiously affect or attract a person into doing it or being part of it. Many things happening nowadays can religiously, carnally, and deceptively draw a person or people into believing what is FALSE RELIGIOUSLY, thereby leading to the loss of their own souls.
WHAT ARE THE THINGS THAT RELIGIOUSLY CAN DECEIVE MANY TODAY?
1. LARGE NUMBERS OF PEOPLE Just because there are a lot of people in a certain church or religion, many are deceived into thinking that what they may be doing in church organization, worship, and morality is SCRIPTURAL and yet it may be CONTRADICTING the Word of God. The Bible says we are not to FOLLOW a crowd in doing wrong --- Exodus 23:2.
2. PHYSICAL WELLNESS THROUGH DEMON CASTING The emphasis of our PREACHING should not be RICHES, or being PHYSICALLY WELL, but THE SALVATION OF OUR SOULS. Many people today are being deceived by CLAIMS of miraculous healing of psychosomatic diseases. Only Jesus and the apostles had unlimited powers of the Holy Spirit to perform instant powers of MIRACULOUS HEALING. Remember, Simon the sorcerer (Acts 8:9-11) surprised MANY with his wonders! Real demons in the New Testament were SUPER HUMAN in power, so they needed one given the powers of performing instant healing and casting out --- THEY WERE SO POWERFUL, not the claimed demon casting of today -- Mark 5:1-5, Acts 19:13-16. Don't BE deceived --- 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10!
3. IMPRESSIVE CHURCH BUILDING FACILITIES There is nothing wrong with this as long as what is going on in that church building is in accordance with God's Word --- Colossians 3:17. If what is being done is UNSCRIPTURAL, the Lord would wish that someone would CLOSE the doors of those church buildings --- Malachi 1:10-12. Don't be deceptively taken religiously!!
4. OBSERVANCE OF UNSCRIPTURAL RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS Things like Easter and Christmas are UNSCRIPTURAL religious holidays set by men, not by God in His Word --- Matthew 15:8-9, 13-14, Zechariah 7:5-6. Avoid copying others --- 1 Samuel 8:5.
5. SPREADING THE GOSPEL UNSCRIPTURALLY The gospel was SPREAD in the New Testament without the ATTRACTIONS we see today (e.g. musical band performances, church sponsored youth group games, sporting activities, couples' seminars). Read the progression of how the gospel was spread and how many were converted without the unscriptural means we have today --- Acts 2:41, 47, 4:4, 5:14, 6:7, 11:21, and Colossians 1:23. Choirs, religious dancing in the church, clapping in worship, and musical instruments in worship are NOT there in the New Testament and were NOT done by the early Christians - NO ADDING TO GOD'S WORD!!! --- Revelation 22:18-19.
Don't be deceived by FALSE RELIGIOUS ATTRACTIONS --- we must DO BIBLE THINGS THE BIBLE WAY --- 1 Peter 4:11a.
Write to Tenson Mangwinyana for MORE LESSONS on email: email@example.com Cell: 0773 022 169 Website: www.mosichurchofchrist.org Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, Africa.